The Norwich recording studio used by clients around the world. Source-Connect™ voiceover sessions, radio ads, podcasts, audiobook recording and more.
Small Studio, Big History.
JMS Group’s Norwich recording studio has been located at Park Farm for more than forty years. During the late 1970s the farm’s egg grading shed had been partially converted into a hobbyist’s music studio. The project floundered, but by happy coincidence we were planning a new business to serve the production needs of the growing independent commercial radio sector; and we acquired the ‘Park Farm Studios’ in 1983. The setup was radically overhauled to full ‘BBC/IAB specification’ to begin daily radio ad production and soundtracks for audio-visual presentations. ‘Studio A’ has remained in unbroken service for four decades.
In the late 1980s the studio was equipped with ISDN (now superseded by online services CleanFeed and Source-Connect™) which opened our Norwich sound studio to countless international clients. We hosted regular voiceover session recordings with iconic voices, including Frank Windsor, Stephen Fry, Peter Bowles, Timothy Spall, Rob Brydon, Simon Callow, Miriam Margolyes, and two Dr. Who actors – Tom Baker, and Sir John Hurt. In recent years Bernard Hill, Jake Humphrey, and Adam Buxton have all been regular studio guests – and all with a blue plaque on our Wall of Fame.
- Adobe Audition running on an M1 iMac, PreSonus Studio 1824c 192 kHz 8-Channel audio interface, and Behringer X-Touch control surface. Critical listening on Yamaha HS8 active monitors. Sonically treated vocal booth with studio acoustic table accommodating up to four guests. Connectivity: Source-Connect, Cleanfeed, Zoom, Skype.
- 2x Neumann TLM 193. Large diaphragm microphones. The TLM 193 is able to reproduce any voice with an incredible degree of accuracy. You’ll be forgiven for forgetting you’re not in the same room as the voiceover.
- 1x AKG C414 EB, Vintage. 5-pattern condenser. The somewhat rare C414 EB has a legendary sound and can be switched to multiple polar patterns, with a pad and high pass filter to adapt the microphone to multiple situations.
- 1x Sennheiser MKE600. Directional shotgun mic perfect for dialogue replacement. 1x Audio Technica AT4033. A good all-round condenser mic for an additional podcast guest.
- Video Capture. In-house video production facilities allow the vocal booth to be reconfigured for multicamera video capture, creating additional video content during podcast recording sessions.
For Norwich recording studio bookings call (+44) 01603 811855 or use the form below to message the studio team.
TV Commercial Production for Agencies, Brands, SMEs, and Local Authorities
Commercial Production for Local Radio, National Radio, Spotify, and DAX
Video Marketing Content and Corporate Video Communications
We’ve produced more than 100,000 radio commercials for a countless number of clients… so, it’s rather difficult to choose just a few logos to evidence our credentials!